The 2nd floor had several sleeping areas and a ladies reception room.
The original colors were bright terra cotta with bronze trimmings on the first floor, dark yellow with green trim on the second floor, the gable ends were canary yellow.1886 The 2nd Regiment and Manchester House (Grand Army of the Republic) are built to the right and rear of the Lowell Building.
Individual Regiment associations begin to make plans to construct their own buildings on plots allocated to them.1884 The 3rd Regiment & First Band building is constructed, the first NHVA building to be constructed on Lakeside Avenue.
3rd Regiment & 1st Band had an open area on the first floor, which could be divided into two rooms and an open 2nd floor which also could be divided.
The road was now named Cavalry Avenue, and marked the southern boundary of the property.1896 Berdan’s Sharpshooters and the Heavy Artillery Companies constructed the last of the large buildings.
The building was sometimes referred to as the tramps building.1893 Below the National Veterans Association building and above the Cavalry Headquarters, the 14th Regiment constructed their building.A Simple headquarters building next to the Lowell building serves as the Association Headquarters.1882 Seating areas are placed in the hillside grove area. The Sanborn Memorial is created and plans for the headquarters building and Dining pavilion are begun.Veterans of the Third Regiment Band and its successor, the Hilton Head Post Band, meet at the Weirs, and form an alumni group, the First Veteran Band Association of NH.1883 The 5th Regiment building is constructed next to the Lowell building.The huge Dining Pavilion occupies the area in front and to the right of these structures out to Tower Street.1887 The 16th Regiment Building is constructed on Veterans Ave. Next to the 16th is a new pavilion and smaller storage building.On Lakeside Ave., at the southern end, the 1st Cavalry built their Headquarters.1/3 of the building was used by the Band, the rest by the 3rd Regiment.The original colors were dark yellow with dark green trim.This seems to be the last of the large buildings constructed.This construction period is sometimes referred to as the High Victorian period.The 1st Floor consisted of a large reception area, with the 2nd floor partitioned into sleeping area.The original color was off-white with dark green trim and had a brown roof.