However long it takes, Keshet will work for a day in which Jews of all sexual orientations and gender identities can live fully integrated Jewish lives.We envision a Jewish world in which LGBTQ Jews are not merely tolerated or accepted; we envision communities where the ethos of justice, caring, and inclusion that encapsulates the best of Jewish tradition is seen and felt by all Jews. Keshet (קשת, KEH-shet) is a Hebrew word meaning both “rainbow,” a symbol of LGBTQ pride, and “bow,” an instrument for action.In 1855, the German Jewish congregants left Ohabei Shalom and founded Congregation Adath Israel (now Temple Israel in Boston.) The Polish Jewish congregants maintained the name Ohabei Shalom and the cemetery land in East Boston.In 1858, East Prussian Jews also left the congregation, forming Die Israelitische Gemeinde Mishkan Israel (now Miskhan Tefila in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.) This collection contains flyers, programs and tickets for events as well as copies of bulletins and newsletters, such as Temple Ohabei-Shalom, Brookline, Massachusetts Temple Ohabei Shalom, the oldest synagogue in Massachusetts, was founded on February 26, 1843 by the families of Isaac Wolf, Peter Spitz, William Goldsmith, Bernard Fox, Charles Heineman, Jacob Norton, Abraham F.With community organizing as a foundation, Keshet built a base of activists and leaders.
By becoming a part of the Elegant Introductions family, you will have access to our extensive network of high power Jewish Boston singles.
We know that there are still Jewish professionals who are pressured to remain closeted if they want to keep their jobs.
We know that many LGBTQ Jewish adults who seek a home in the Jewish community feel unseen and unwanted.
In 1844, the synagogue petitioned the City of Boston for 100 square feet of land in the East Boston City Cemetery, but the petition was rejected.
Later that year, the synagogue purchased 10,000 square feet of land for a cemetery at the corner of Byron and Homer Streets in East Boston; the City approved this purchase on October 5, 1844.